Are you looking to join one of the UK's most successful and rapidly growing organisations? Do you have experience with Light and Heavy Vehicle Mechanics and interested in a career in education?
One of the UK's largest training Automotive Training providers are looking to grow their team of Vehicle Body Repair Apprenticeship Assessors to cover Cambridge and surrounding areas. This role is being offered on a full time / permanent basis.
This rewarding role will allow you to draw on your knowledge of Vehicle Body Repair experience to provide professional assessment and support to learners in their workplaces, enabling them to realise their career potential.
* To guide and support learners in their progression and achievement of an Advanced Apprenticeship" through effective and engaging training, along with regular visits in-company that ensure the implementation of learning in the workplace.
* Deliver and facilitate assessment and training in Light and Heavy Vehicle Mechanics that encourages accelerated learning and results in new knowledge and skills being applied into the workplace.
* Evaluate and modify training delivery as a result of delegate satisfaction and key stakeholder feedback. Complete the required number of in-company reviews required for each apprentice, supporting them to implement the new knowledge and skills learnt during college training (if applicable) into their day-to-day work.
* Engage and coach the learner's line manager to provide adequate support and guidance needed by the learner during the working day.
* Manage and support the learner to collect the necessary evidence, both during the review visits and whilst attending college, to ensure progression for their qualification, including N/VCQ, Technical Certificate/VRQ and Functional Skills and to ensure achievement of the recommended milestones, qualification and framework and not less than national averages for overall and timely success rates.
* Monitor and review learner issues on a regular basis, taking any necessary action to limit the number of early leavers from the Vehicle Body Repair programme.
* Manage and complete both business and personal administration within given timescales i.e. delegate satisfaction results, expenses, review documents, reports etc.
* Ensure knowledge of all subject areas including technical training and competitors (other training companies) is kept constantly updated by way of self-development.
* Work as part of the assessing team and give feedback and offer ideas and suggestions for improving team performance.
* Understand where the role fits within the programme team and work closely with programme team colleagues on specific projects.
* Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager.
* To engage with existing and new employers in Business Development to identify vacancies for new apprentices to maintain your caseload.
Essential qualifications include:
* Educated to GCSE level grade C or above including Maths & English (or equivalent)
* Computer Skills (ECDL or equivalent in Company training)
* Minimum 5 years' experience in Vehicle Body Repair
* A1 Assessor Award or willingness to work towards
In return you will receive:
* Up to £27,500 DOE
* Company Car + Fuel card
* 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays
* Company Pension Scheme
* Mobile Phone
For more information please call Brad on or email
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK