* Conduct setting to work, Commissioning, Harbour Acceptance and Sea Acceptance test.
* Carry out service interventions.
* Carry out pre-installation ship surveys and site surveys and produce detailed reports.
* Participate in Naval and Security Trials and Testing activities to characterise and prove system capabilities.
* Complete short training courses as part of a setting to work / commissioning exercise as required.
* When required participate in technical meetings and provide a technical liaison with Sales team / customers.
* Whilst on board vessels be vigilant in observing any additional necessary work on supplied equipment.
* Communicate effectively with line management any information relating to technical issues.
* Familiarise and observe all Health and Safety rules and regulations during working hours.
* Act in a professional manner in the presence of customers and maintain the confidentiality of any sensitive product information. Ensuring that conduct and presentation are maintained to the required standard at all times.
* Completing Service reports and other documentation to the standard required by Line Management in a timely manner.
* Carry out any special projects or tasks as agreed with line management.
* On occasions be prepared to work in excess of the normal 37 hour week or anti social hours whilst observing contractual obligations.
* Travel within the UK and overseas is required, and is considered a regular feature of this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
* Any other tasks associated with this role.
* Preferably HND in an Electronics field
* Experience in an Electronics servicing environment, preferably Marine orientated
* Proven track record in demonstrating knowledge of electronics in a 'hands on' discipline
* Excellent communication skills both technically and socially with the ability to interact at all levels within the organisation.
* Sound knowledge of computers including hardware and software with the ability to use various software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel
* Full clean driving licence
* Valid passport