Senior Process Commissioning Engineer
6 months + contract
We are looking to strengthen our Client's Commissioning team for our ESD framework with a Process Commissioning Engineer. Based out of the JV office in Stepps this role will initially be covering a project in Oban and other projects within the North of Scotland.
ESD is a joint venture between 3 companies formed to deliver Scottish Water's Non Infrastructure Programme from (Apply online only). ESD will oversee the delivery of design and build projects throughout Scotland and the highlands for the client's water and wastewater treatment programme.
You will report to the Commissioning Manager and duties/responsibilities of this role will include;
* Carry out day to day on-site commissioning activities for nominated projects within the appointed region.
* Produce regular project reports and Commissioning Completion Reports on nominated projects.
* Ensure Commissioning is carried out safely in accordance with regulations and procedures.
* Ensure all necessary Commissioning documentation is produced in a timely manner and co-operate with Technical Documentation teams to ensure timely delivery of O&M manuals.
* Effective engagement with Scottish Water CSD staff to:
o Obtain buy-in to proposed commissioning plan revisions
o Ensure the effective integration of assets into the existing works without detriment and risk to service level agreements.
o Achieve fast and effective handovers with CSD and SCSP (including the timely delivery of all commissioning documentation, training, etc).
* Facilitate feedback of improvement information from commissioning to other ESD teams.
* Attend and supervise off-site testing and pre-commissioning activities by suppliers or others.
* Co-operate with tight change control procedures on nominated projects.
* Help to capture, communicate and apply best practice and knowledge sharing as directed by the Regional Commissioning Manager within ESD
* Sound commissioning experience both site based and in planning activities
* Sound communication skills, oral and written
* Flexibility in travel and location within appointed region frequently and within Scotland occasionally
Qualifications / Experience
* Relevant qualifications (ONC/HNC/equivalent - process
* Site experience in commissioning, within the water industry in Scotland
We are an equal opportunities employer