Morson International has a 12 month contract opportunity for a SENIOR LABORATORY ANALYST. The service will be carried out at our Client's Site, Dounreay.
Purpose & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the post is to deliver analytical work. You will be required to carry out the day-to-day operations of the laboratories.
Qualifications & Experience:
HNC in Science or equivalent qualifications plus experience
Experience: 3 years in Lab areas
* Undertake and deliver sample preparation, routine analysis and reporting to the lab or team leader, including testing and internal calibrations, ensuring that CSS reporting deadlines are met
* Maintain a daily log and report progress and/or problems to Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist
* Assist the Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist in ensuring operational delays are minimised by identifying constraints leading to unplanned downtime.
* Report possible non-compliances to the Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist and propose and deliver corrective actions to close out non-compliances
* Undertake safety checks, report and take appropriate action
* Maintain Analytical Proficiencies in one laboratory area
* Maintain Analytical Proficiencies in additional laboratory areas, where CSS workload and flexibility requires this
* Prepare technical documents for review
You may be required to:
* Undertake shift work on a rota basis
* Perform method development, validation and uncertainty estimation
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
* Perform additional Management Activities as required
* Undertake audits on UKAS aspects of the Quality Management System