Quantity Surveyor required for a regional arm of a national contractor covering projects in Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Oxfordshire.
This is an opportunity for someone to join an established construction business that operates within the built environment, you will have an excellent track record of controlling financial aspects of the contract of projects up to a value of £5 million.
The types of projects expected to be seen on your CV of working on will include, education, health, commercial, universities and social housing.
- Control financial aspects of the contract including:
- Liaise and work closely with the projects Contracts Manager and Site Manager on all aspects of the project.
- Assist the Contracts Manager and Site Manager on legal and financial aspects to reduce the Company's exposure to risk.
- To audit the contract documents and bring any discrepancies to the attention of the Senior Contracts Manager / Contracts Manager.
- Produce an accurate cash flow forecast based on the project programme and update as work proceeds.
- Produce a detailed cost plan / buying schedule for the each project.
- To prepare a detailed preliminaries expenditure schedule for discussion and agreement with the Contracts Manager and Site Manager.
- To identify the most appropriate work packages and sub-contractors and agree same with Contract and Site Management.
- To liaise with procurement manager to ensure that all sub-contactors appointed to the works have been assessed in accordance with the company's procedures.
- Identify and properly value all variations to the contract, and seek to pre-cost and agree same with Client or their representative wherever possible.
- Comprehensively assess sub-contractors accounts and produce sub contract payment certificates in line with Company terms and Conditions.
- Issue Withholding Notices in good time against applications or invoices where appropriate to do so.
- To agree Sub-contractor accounts as early as possible before Final Account, to ensure that all claims against the Client are known.
- Ensure subcontract final account statements are received prior to their final payment being released.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Time management and prioritizing.
- Identifying and solving problems
- Minimum HNC in a construction related discipline
- QS degree.
- Membership of RICS and/or CIOB.