RHL, specialists in Technical, Engineering & Scientific talent acquisition, are currently recruiting for;
Title: Product Design Engineer
Contact: Paul Surridge
Reference No: 206031
Our client, an elite London based multidisciplinary design consultancy, are looking for a Product Design Engineer on a contract basis.
You must be able to take responsibility for your assigned aspect of work on activities including sourcing, feasibility, CAD and engineering development and specification of components for prototyping, tooling and volume manufacture.
Requirements of the Product Design Engineer
- A Product Design Engineering or Mechanical/Design Engineering degree with considerable experience in product, medical device or equipment development.
- Understanding of engineering science, general engineering calculations, materials and manufacturing processes and their requirements and limits.
- Highly proficient in the use of 3D CAD including modelling from shared skeleton/ID models, assemblies and component modelling for manufacture. (eg Solidworks, ProE)
- Proficient in the preparation of BOMS/COGs and product specification. Familiar with worst-case tolerance analysis with some knowledge of statistical tolerancing.
- Demonstrable ability to prepare assembly and component engineering drawings to BS standards with functional dimensions, tolerances and notation.
- Resourceful, intuitive and a resourceful problem-solver.
- A good understanding of the development process, quality techniques and commercial constraints.
- Demonstrable experience of developing practical designs that perform as required and the ability to specify it for robust manufacture through CAD and drawings.
Please apply to Paul Surridge
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) act as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency.