Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career? Start here, apply now!
You will be working for...
A client focused consultancy firm focusing in insolvency and associated legal issues. They provide bespoke advice and solutions to their clients, both individuals and corporate entities around the UK. They are dynamic and embrace difficult cases as they like to be challenged.
Throughout your apprenticeship you will be provided with new skills that are transferrable to virtually any role and you will be supported throughout.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be to.
· Do day-to-day office duties such as opening post, managing reception and greeting clients
· Case filling
· Do data input, data extraction, photocopying, scanning and typing duties as directed
· Deal with internal and external post and emails on a day to day basis
· Support the team to maintain accurate, timely and legible records
· Answer/deal with queries, both face to face and via the telephone, take messages and pass them on to the relevant member of staff in an appropriate and timely manner
· Open and distribute post
· Support with organise meetings
· Do ad hoc administration tasks
Starts with a 12-14 month Business apprenticeship, which consists of 10 days of in-centre training in combination with work-based assessment, covering: IT skills, Customer service, Administration and Complaints handling.
You will gain a Microsoft Office Specialist qualifications and City & Guilds Level 3 in Business & Administration. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning £25k in a business role.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have.
· Good communications skills, with both the staff and customers
· Excellent written skills
· Keen eye to details on processing paperwork
· Excellent telephone manner
· Good time management
· The ability to prioritise and multitask
· A keen interest in how businesses work
· A working knowledge of basic office duties such as how to meet and greet clients
· An understanding of Microsoft office suite such as Word and Excel
· 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Other Important Information.
· There will be free tea and coffee facilities and an open plan working area
· There are potential salary increases, in line with performance reviews
· There is a professional dress code
· Daily working hours are from Monday - Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm (with a degree of working late on rare occasions)
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship.
Following a successful apprenticeship, you will have the potential to gain full time job.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Business apprenticeship with QA and begin your Business career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.