SOS Red are searching for a Marine Coordinator for one of their major renewable energy clients. The main purpose of the role of the Marine Coordinator is to implement the Marine & Helicopter coordination for an Offshore Wind Farm working out of the Marine Coordination Centre in the temporary Construction base in Wick (Applicants must be from within a 50 mile radius of Wick, we will not be considering applications from outside this area.)
The ideal candidate will be responsible for;
- Leading by example in the management and awareness of safety, health and environmental issues and culture, ensuring compliance with all related consent conditions
- Promoting the Site safety charter which has the primary objective of safety-led project execution delivering an industry leading safety performance by focussing on: - o Visible leadership
- o Personal responsibility
- o Alignment and engagement with our EPCI contractors
- o Proactive risk management
- o Competence
- o Health and Wellbeing
- Consistently exhibiting and promoting positive behavioural safety within the Client's Safety Family framework and by application of the Client's Golden rules
2. Marine Coordination
- Implement the Marine Coordination Procedures, as advised by the Lead Marine Coordinator
- Perform Marine Administration activities to assist the Lead Marine Coordinator.
- Marine coordination duty watches. The teams of two/three will work on a rotational basis of each 10 hours per day. The rotation will be two weeks on - two weeks off, to ensure complete covering of the Marine Coordination duties.
- Coordinate Marine & Helicopter personnel transport to & from Site
- Assist with conducting Site Inductions, issue Site ID cards, manage Site Offshore personnel database.
- Manage personnel tracking and ensure the seamless integration with the MC tracking System.
- Issue Notice to Mariners based on input from installation managers.
3. Communication & Liaison
- Be point of contact for the site in case of Emergencies.
- Chair the Daily Coordination Meeting with Principle Contractors and Package installation leads.
4. Assist Construction Site Management
- Assist the Construction Site management in relation to every day issues, as well as Weekly and Monthly Reports & notices to be issued
- Monitoring & overseeing the number of vessels, Crew Transfer Vessels (CTV's), Guard Boat, etc., needed offshore in coordination with the Principle Contractors.
- Cooperate with the vessel management for Site CTV's
- Assist the SHE Project Manager through various reports to be submitted, as necessary
7. Emergency Response
- He will be the in situ point of contact for the Wind Farm response to Offshore Emergency situations that occur during marine activities.
- Implement & monitor the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and Emergency Response Coordination Plan (ERCoP)
8. Other Duties
- Any other duties as directed by the Lead Marine Coordination
- Any other Ad-hoc Marine coordination or Administration support to the Construction team and Project
- Education: School, College, university and Master Mariner STCW is recommended
- Preferably 4 years as Master (or Chief Mate) in the Merchant fleet or similar.
- Documented experience from an Offshore Wind Farm Projects as MC.
- Preferably having knowledge of 'Vissim' Marine Coordination Software systems
- GMDSS certificate
- Experience with working in larger international organizations.
- The right candidate must be highly organised, self-motivated, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision to deliver high quality work within deadlines.
- An excellent range of interpersonal skills are essential to secure strong relationships with the Site & Project teams and other parts of the business and external suppliers.
- Should have a strong level of skill in using MS Office Applications, and a good knowledge of systems, processes and workflow technology. Experience of Conject would be advantageous.