Based in Exeter
Salary: £9,524 to £9,613 per annum (£15,873 to £16,022 per annum pro rata)
Permanent Part time (22.2 hours per week)
Closing date: 22 January 2017
As one of the region's largest housing developers, DCH maintains and manages over 22,550 homes, including rent, leasehold and shared ownership. We are a charitable organisation, but we do run a strong, commercially-minded business that re-invests as much as we can back into new homes and thriving communities.
Working in a busy supported housing environment you will be responsible for maintaining the estate to the standards set by the group, provide information and assistance to tenants on estate matters, and carry out associated administrative work.
The aim of this role is to take pride in maintaining all communal areas in compliance with the estate specification and Health and Safety regulation and guidance, which form part of this job description
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Estate maintenance - including all internal and external communal areas/gardens
- Carry out minor maintenance work in compliance with Health and Safety regulation and guidance
- Deal with basic building maintenance issues, such as ordering cleaning of vacant rooms and ordering repairs as needed via liaison with Housing Management team.
- Report promptly all repairs needed to communal areas, equipment or repairs notified by tenants are reported promptly.
- Liaise with contractors over access to premises. Monitor the performance of contractors
- Weekly H&S flat checks
The role is based over two sites within Exeter and the post holder is required to work between the two sites.
The client base is homeless adults and families.
Access to a car and a full current driving licence is essential.
Due to the nature of the above roles appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS Adult & Children
In return, DCH provides a generous entitlement to paid holiday increasing with length of service, a choice of defined benefit or defined contribution pension scheme, a healthcare cash plan, Employee Assistance Programme and great opportunities and support to develop your career.