Job Title: Chef/Cook
Hours Per Week: 25.5hrs Per Week
Location: Bearehill Care Home, 24 Castle Street Brechin Angus DD9 6JU
Rate Of Pay: £10,608pa - £8ph
Please apply online
As the Chef/Cook you will lead the catering team to provide nutritious and enticing meals for the residents in our care. You will be responsible for ensuring mealtimes are an enjoyable part of the day, involving residents in preparing and developing menus.
So what do you need to do to make this happen?
- Prepare all meals within the home, paying consideration to special dietary requirements and individual request.
- Develop a positive relationship with all residents, staff and other visitors to the home by becoming an integral part of the team.
- Regularly seek feedback from residents and staff in order to continually improve the level of service we offer.
- Maintain a clean hazard free kitchen in order to minimise risks to residents and employees of the home.
- Promote high standards of catering by ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and the kitchen operates in a smooth efficient manner.
- Ensure that the team's skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Work safely within company policies, seeking advice and guidance when necessary.
In order to achieve this you should have:
An excellent knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation, along with a positive attitude and a desire to deliver the best possible service to the residents in our care. Experience of supervising or leading a team is desirable.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development program, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.